How do you wax a bodyboard?
Homemade Surfboard Wax 101
- Place three and a half parts beeswax, one part coconut oil, and one part tree resin (optional) in a large cook pot;
- Heat gently in a double boiler, keeping the mixture moving;
- Stir the mixture until all ingredients are liquefied;
Why is coconut oil used in surf wax?
As surfers, our ears take quite a beating. … Use a Q-tip lightly dipped in coconut oil to help clean wax (and sand) out of your ears. Keep Body Odor in Check. Coconut oil has lauric acid, which kills the bacteria that causes stinky sweat.
Why is my bodyboard slippery?
Bodyboard deck and rail skins are finished in manufacturing with a protective film on them which preserves their foam cells and this film becomes quite slippery once it becomes wet.
What can you use instead of surf wax?
What Can I Use Instead of Wax? (3 Alternatives)
- Full Board Trackpad. You may have seen some surfers using a pad near the back of their board. …
- Cork Traction Pads. Similar to an EVA full board trackpad, a cork traction pad is a sustainable and eco-friendly alternative. …
- Sticky Surfboard Grip Pads.
Should you wax a Wavestorm?
Do you wax a Wavestorm surfboard? We think so. Most foamies, including the Wavestorm say you don’t have to wax them. But the surface of the board will be more tacky with a little bit of wax.
How do you remove wax from a Softboard?
With soft tops, you can remove was in the same way you would a fibreglass board:
- Leave the board in the sun for 10 minutes or so until the wax starts to get softer.
- Use the hard/scraper edge of a plastic wax comb (available at any surfshop or online) and gently scrape the old wax away.