How often should I wash my wetsuit?
All this because you didn’t care properly for your wetsuit. There is, however, a very simple way to avoid all that: wash your wetsuit. You don’t even have to do this every time you surf—once a week will do just fine. But you should at least rinse it after each session, you smelly yeast beast.
Should you wash your wetsuit?
Never Wash, Dry, or Iron like Other Clothes
A wetsuit isn’t like your , so don’t treat it as such. Washing your wetsuit in a normal washing machine, drying it in a dryer, and ironing it (not sure why you’d even need to do this), can seriously damage your suit.
How do you wash a wetsuit at home?
HOW TO CLEAN AND STORE YOUR WETSUIT
- Clear the wetsuit using fresh water to remove any excess salt water or chlorine.
- Apply a small amount of pH neutral soap to the wetsuit and gently rub the wetsuit panels.
- Rinse the neoprene to remove any remaining soap.
Can I wash a wetsuit in the washing machine?
Can I use a washing machine to clean my wetsuit? … Washing machines damage neoprene so, if you must, do need to make sure you only use a slow spin cycle and a cool wash. Don’t put anything else in with the wetsuit that could damage it whilst the machine is spinning.
How do I keep my wetsuit in good condition?
Take Care of Your Wetsuit
- 1) A thorough freshwater rinse. …
- 2) Hang up your wetsuit properly. …
- 3) Turn the suit inside out each day until it’s dry. …
- 4) Use some wetsuit shampoo occasionally. …
- 5) Banish the stink. …
- 6) Slow down when taking your suit off.
Is it bad to dry your wetsuit in the sun?
Don’t leave your wetsuit in the sun to dry as this will accelerate the wear of the neoprene and lining. The ozone and UV rays in sunlight cause neoprene to lose stretch and become brittle over time. UV will also cause colors to fade. The longer you leave your wetsuit in the sun, the quicker it will deteriorate.
How do I stop my wetsuit from smelling?
The best way to dry a wetsuit (in terms of eliminating stench) is to hang it up with a plastic hanger. And to ensure minimal smell, flip the wetsuit inside out and store it in a well-ventilated space, i.e. not the back of your 4Runner.
How do you wash and dry a wetsuit?
The steps for cleaning your wetsuit are simple:
- Get a wetsuit cleaner and a tub of cool water; then stir in the cleaner.
- Open all the wetsuit zippers, turn it inside out and submerge it.
- Knead the cleaner into the suit and let it sit for a while.
- Thoroughly rinse it with cool water and hang it up to dry.
How long does a wetsuit take to dry?
Drying Your Wetsuit
Ideally, you will dry your wetsuit in two stages. After it has been washed, hang it to dry, so the outside of the suit dries. After about 24 hours or so, it is time to dry out the inside of the wetsuit.
How long does a wetsuit last?
On average, a good wetsuit from a quality manufacturer should last anywhere from 4 years to 10 years or more, depending on heavily you use it. A cheaper brand wetsuit that doesn’t have the same construction quality may only last for a season or two before things like zippers become issues.