What is the best way to clean a wetsuit?
HOW TO CLEAN AND STORE YOUR WETSUIT
- Clear the wetsuit using fresh water to remove any excess salt water or chlorine.
- Apply a small amount of pH neutral soap to the wetsuit and gently rub the wetsuit panels.
- Rinse the neoprene to remove any remaining soap.
How do you sanitize a wetsuit?
The steps for cleaning your wetsuit are simple:
- Get a wetsuit cleaner and a tub of cool water; then stir in the cleaner.
- Open all the wetsuit zippers, turn it inside out and submerge it.
- Knead the cleaner into the suit and let it sit for a while.
- Thoroughly rinse it with cool water and hang it up to dry.
Can I use laundry detergent to wash my wetsuit?
The only laundry detergent to consider using is Woolite. 3rd: Wash your wetsuit in the tub of soap and the detergent will break down the body oils and odors. In addition, it will help wash away the bacteria that caused the smell in the first place .
Should you wash a wetsuit?
Most of the time, rinsing your wetsuit with fresh water and thoroughly drying it will keep your wetsuit fresh and odor free. But if your wetsuit gets smelly, wash your wetsuit in a tub of fresh, warm water (not hot). Use one of the special wetsuit soaps or a small amount of baby shampoo.
Should I dry my wetsuit inside out?
Dry Your Wetsuit
Just like rinsing, you should dry both the inside and the outside of your wetsuit. But start with the inside first. (If you hit the beach again before the wetsuit is completely dry, at least the inside won’t be damp.) Get a strong, wide hanger and drape the wetsuit over the hanger by its waist.
How do you get mold out of scuba gear?
Cleaning your snorkel and scuba gear with vinegar is a safe way to get rid of mold.
- Mix equal parts vinegar with water. …
- Submerge the snorkel in the vinegar, making sure that all surfaces have been exposed to it.
- Let sit for 30 – 60 minutes.
- Remove the snorkel and rinse with warm water.
How do you clean scuba gear after salt water?
Unless you dive exclusively in freshwater, it’s important to rinse all neoprene items after every dive. Salt water causes neoprene to degrade and lose its flexibility. All divers should clean and disinfect their wetsuits, boots and gloves periodically with a prolonged soak in warm water and wetsuit cleaner.
How often should you clean a wetsuit?
I do a good job of rinsing my suit out every time I get back for the beach. But for me, I like to thoroughly clean it every 2 to 3 weeks.
Is dish soap bad for wetsuit?
Keep it clean
Sticking your wetsuit in a washing machine will contribute to a suit’s demise. But washing a wetsuit with a delicate dishwashing soap and cold water will not. And it’ll break down the body oils and bacteria, which leads to smelliness, just like laundry detergent.
What soap can I use to wash a wetsuit?
Clean the wetsuit with a specialist wetsuit wash product or use a gentle detergent like Comfort or Persil.
Can you use vinegar to clean a wetsuit?
Pour a few cups of vinegar into the bathtub or a big bucket, then chase it 10-20 drops of whatever essential oil you picked. Throw your suit in the tub with your vinegar/oil combination, then smash it around with a paddle, your hands, or a stick. Let it soak for half an hour, then rinse it thoroughly again.